This page explains the terms and conditions for using our Internet Home Banking Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at VA Pittsburgh Employees Federal Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth In Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account.
How To Access Your Accounts:
To access your accounts through our Internet Home Banking service, you must have your account number and an Internet Home Banking password. This information is requested when you enter our home banking pages.
The password that is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your home banking access password regularly. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify VA Pittsburgh Employees Federal Credit Union at once at 412-822-3185.
You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information or inquire on your account(s). We will not respond to these types of requests via E-mail since we cannot be certain we are corresponding with you. Please use the appropriate functions within our Internet Home Banking service, call 412-822-3185 or visit the credit union for these functions.
To get an initial password for the Internet Home Banking service, visit the credit union office or call us at 412-822-3185.
There are no monthly fees and/or transaction fees for accessing your account(s) through our Internet Home Banking service. We do not intend to charge in the future for the service but reserve the right to do so after providing 30 days advance notice to all users at the home banking login page.
Your internet service provider (ISP) probably charges you a fee to access the internet via its server. We have no control over ISP related fees.
Available Services and Limitations:
The following functions may be performed by members through the service:
- Transfers. You may transfer funds between your Share or Loan Accounts as the account agreements may allow. Transfers from any share account except Share Draft (Checking) are limited to six (6) per calendar month in any combination of online, pre-authorized and telephone transfers. Transfers done through the service DO NOT immediately charge or credit your account. TRANSFERS WILL BE EFFECTIVE BY THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH TRANSACTION but may occur sooner.
- Account Balances. You may view your share and loan account balances. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the internet, it is possible that some transactions that affect these balances, and have been processed by the credit union, are not yet included in the balance at the time you view it. In addition, there may be drafts written against your balance, or other electronic items such as debit card transactions, that have not yet been presented to the credit union for payment.
- Transaction history. You may view the transaction history for any loan or share account. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the internet, it is possible that some transactions are not yet included in the history at the time you view it even though they may have been processed by the credit union. The main credit union computer system is always the official record of account history. The Internet Home Banking service may be updated several times per day for your convenience in viewing account activity.
- Password Changes. If you are an Internet Home Banking user, you may change your password at any time from within the home banking section. For your protection we recommend that you change your home banking password regularly.
- Check orders. You may reorder checks and/or view and order new check styles available through the credit union. We will not process check order requests if you do not have a checking account at the credit union.
- Check search. You may search for drafts that have cleared your account. You may also list clearings by date cleared or by check number. The oldest check available will vary but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services. From time to time, we will announce additional services which are available through our Internet Home Banking. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced.
We reserve the right to limit access or cancel on-line access at any time.
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
Operating Systems and Security:
Our internet home banking site is designed to operate using world wide web technologies and protocols which are adaptable to a wide range of systems. The home banking section uses SSL encryption and requires a browser with a current (unexpired) Thawte Root CA Security Certificate. Some older browsers may not be able to connect to the site without first updating the browser security certificate. Our server uses 40 to 128 bit encryption, depending on the users browser.
The cookie we set will 'time out' your access authority to our home banking section. Until it times out, you can come back to our home banking without logging in. After the time out period, you will need to log in again. Remember, most browsers will let you use a BACK button to view previously visited documents, even if your viewing authority has expired. For this reason, the only way to keep others from viewing your account balance is to exit the browser when you are finished with your session. This is especially important if you are using a public or shared computer.
Our home banking database is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use SSL encryption and digital server authentication to insure the privacy of your information when sending data between our home banking server and your PC.
All home banking logins are logged by the server. For authenticated members who use home banking, we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the home banking section, dates and times of visits and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we see fit.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfers:
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen and immediately change your password from within the home banking section. Calling is the best way to notify us immediately. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call: